I Want a Mentor
You’ve come to the right place! At Mentors for Women we have a great selection of mentors with a wide range of different skills and experience to offer.
There are many benefits from having a mentor:
Our mentors are all interviewed before selection and trained in mentoring skills. They receive ongoing feedback from mentees, and we review this to assure the quality of the services we provide.
Contact us now to find a perfect Mentor for you
I Want to be a Mentor
Are you a Mentor in waiting? Do you have what it takes to join an organisation of women offering to mentor other women?
If so join us and offer your expertise to our members. As a mentor, not only will you be part of an extremely exciting and positive movement, benefiting women from all walks of life and in all stages of their career but you will have the opportunity to earn money in doing so.
What Mentors gain from Mentoring
People who act as mentoring generally report it as a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. It can offer:
Am I mentor material?
Anyone thinking about becoming a mentor, should ask themselves if they possess the kind of traits and aptitudes that good mentors need.
• Self Awareness - aware of your own strengths and development needs
• Credibility – ability to inspire belief
• Accessibility –willing and able to commit time to support and guide a mentee
• Communication –excellent communication skills, empathetic and a great listener
• Ability to empower –able to create an environment where it is safe for mentees to try out different things
• A desire to help others develop – an understanding of how individuals develop and have experience, either formally or informally, of developing others
• Inventiveness – be open to new ways of doing things and different ways of working
• Empathy – Ability to understand and share the feelings of others
• Understanding –You should be prepared to try to understand different perspectives, approaches and backgrounds
All mentoring will be paid for, MfW will collect the money and pass the payment on to you, so taking the responsibility for managing the money out of your hands, putting a value on the work you do. If you decides you don’t want to be paid then that money will go into The Helga and Laura Foundation to be used for women centric projects.
If this is of interest to you simply Contact Us and we will help you train to be a Mentor.
See our Training page for further details.
I Am a Mentor
MfW really value the skills, experience and commitment that our mentors bring and actively encourage our members to consider becoming one of our Mentors. As a mentor, not only will you be part of an extremely exciting and positive movement, benefiting women from all walks of life and in all stages of their career but you will have the opportunity to earn money in doing so.
What can you expect from us?
All mentoring will be paid for, MfW will collect the money and pass the payment on to you, so taking the responsibility for managing the money out of your hands, putting a value on the work you do. If you decide you don’t want to be paid then that money will go into The Helga and Laura Women's Foundation, to be used for women centric projects.
There are a range of support methods available to mentors for those times they need a little support for instance how to approach a difficult situation
What do we expect from you?
At MfW we ask our mentors to commit to the following:
Take a look at the MfW Mentoring Guidelines here for further details.
If you haven't already joined us, Contact Us now to join our extensive Mentor Network and benefit from all that Mentors for Women has to offer.